Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pets on planes: More owners smuggling them aboard

There's an unwritten rule in travel journalism that any story about pets on planes must contain at least one Chihuahua anecdote. I know, because I've written many of them. So let's get right to Robin Boggs and her travel companion, Cricket.

Boggs, a consultant in Atlanta, frequently packs her nine-pound dog in her carry-on luggage. But like an increasing number of travelers, she doesn't tell anyone. She's been caught twice, and the airline has forced her to pay a $150 surcharge for the pet.

"When I asked why I had to pay a fee in order to stuff my dog under the seat in front of me, I was told it was their policy," she said. "I concluded that it's really just a ploy to charge another fee."

Read More:

0 comments:

Post a Comment